Bonus Language Stories?! Yup. Woohoo! This episode, I chat with Àdhamh Ó Broin who is working to bring Dalriada Gaelic, an endangered dialect of Scottish Gaelic, back from the brink.
To keep track of future episodes in video form, click here to subscribe on YouTube.
Support The Show
The best thing you can do right now to support the project is threefold, and if you've ever listened to any podcast before, I'm sure you'll be familiar with what I'm about to say!
Review - when it comes to the tech stuff, reviews are pretty important. Reviews help to tell iTunes that people like the podcast, and that helps to raise the profile so that new people can find it easily. Yay!
Tell a friend - word of mouth still wins! If you know someone who would love Language Stories, tell them about it. And if they're new to podcasts, walk them through the process to subscribe them. Woohoo!
To make it as easy as possible to share the podcast, click here to tweet about episode.
Share Your Story
If you have a Language Story you’d love to share, or if you know someone that does, get in touch.
I always love to hear from you! Your feedback helps to shape future episodes so thank you.
- Àdhamh Ó Broin - contact Àdhamh directly to learn more about his work in general or enquire about teaching and tours.
- Gáidhlig Dhail Riada Facebook Page - Àdhamh regularly updates this page with real life vocab and updates on when Dalriada Immersion Weekends are running.
- Dalriada Gaelic – Growing an Endangered Gaelic Dialect - read Maureen's blog post recounting her immersion weekend.
- LearnGaelic.net - great place to start to learn some Scottish Gaelic (not the Dalriada dialect but would help to give you a foundation in the language)
- Learner Links - more links to help you learn Scottish Gaelic (again, the language in general here not the dialect!)