K'iche' is a Mayan language spoken in Guatemala by over a million people. Join us for this episode of Language Stories as we explore K'iche' Maya at a local homestay and in a busy market town, as well as learning how to learn K'iche'.
To keep track of future episodes in video form, click here to subscribe on YouTube.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
The best thing you can do right now to support the project is threefold, and if you've ever listened to any podcast before, I'm sure you'll be familiar with what I'm about to say!
Review - when it comes to the tech stuff, reviews are pretty important. Reviews help to tell iTunes that people like the podcast, and that helps to raise the profile so that new people can find it easily. Yay!
Tell a friend - word of mouth still wins! If you know someone who would love Language Stories, tell them about it. And if they're new to podcasts, walk them through the process to subscribe them. Woohoo!
To make it as easy as possible to share the podcast, click here to tweet about episode.
SHARE YOUR STORY
If you have a Language Story you’d love to share, or if you know someone that does, get in touch.
I always love to hear from you! Your feedback helps to shape future episodes so thank you.
- Stay with Carlos and family in the Mayan Countryside - check Carlos' Airbnb listing to stay for yourself with him and his family.
- Galeria Pop Wuj - learn more about the art and classes taking place at Juan's gallery.
- Can Knowing Some K’iche’ Save Your Life and Make You Rich? - Dave's presentation on K'iche' from the Polyglot Gathering 2017.
- Online free K'iche' course from The University of Texas
- Further resources to learn K'iche' - a few extra links from the University of Connecticut.
- Institute of World Languages - the initiative that Dave is learning K'iche' through.
- Mayan Languages: How I Learned to Speak Tz’utujil in Guatemala - Fluent in 3 Months
- Academy of Mayan Languages in Guatemala