To keep track of future episodes in video form, click here to subscribe on YouTube.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
The best thing you can do right now to support the project is threefold, and if you've ever listened to any podcast before, I'm sure you'll be familiar with what I'm about to say!
Review - when it comes to the tech stuff, reviews are pretty important. Reviews help to tell iTunes that people like the podcast, and that helps to raise the profile so that new people can find it easily. Yay!
Tell a friend - word of mouth still wins! If you know someone who would love Language Stories, tell them about it. And if they're new to podcasts, walk them through the process to subscribe them. Woohoo!
To make it as easy as possible to share the podcast, click here to tweet about episode.
SHARE YOUR STORY
If you have a Language Story you’d love to share, or if you know someone that does, get in touch.
I always love to hear from you! Your feedback helps to shape future episodes so thank you.
- Hmong Batik Class, Luang Prabang — This is the link on Backstreet Academy to the Hmong Batik Class we did that featured in the video. It's a great experience! Make sure you do it early in your visit so you have time to collect your finished piece the following day.
- Hmong Vegetarian Cooking Class — And here's the link to the cooking class that features in the video. It's also in Luang Prabang and was great too. We got to choose our dishes and picked the ones we were least likely to cook again. This meant we cooked with rattan and banana flower! The family you cook with are very friendly.
- Black Singer Soars in Hmong Language - NPR — NPR article that features Jasmine's story to singing in Hmong.
- Hmong Americans - Wikipedia — Wikipedia has a good overview of Hmong Americans.
- History of the Hmong in Minneapolis-St Paul - Wikipedia — There's even a specific page for Minneapolis-St Paul!
- St. Paul: McDonald’s Hmong pitch mangles language - Twin Cities — I found this article interesting about McDonalds attempt locally to appeal to Hmong residents.
- Being Hmong in America - The Atlantic — There's some interesting reads about Being Hmong in America on The Atlantic.
- Minnesota Remembers Vietnam: America's Secret War - PBS — This documentary tells the story of 'America's Secret War'.